Friday, September 1, 2017

The Ends of the World: Supervolcanoes, Lethal Oceans, and the Search for Past ApocalypsesThe Ends of the World: Supervolcanoes, Lethal Oceans, and the Search for Past Apocalypses by Peter Brannen

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm normally not a fan of geology, but this book takes a complicated subject (the entire history of the Earth) and makes it manageable. Even though the time span is truly incomprehensible, it's a mesmerizing look into the distant past and the titanic forces that created the world we now live in. It took me some time to read, however, as I kept visiting the internet to look up images and further details about some of the specific extinct creatures he describes (such as Dunkleosteus and Phorusrhacidae). Definitely a worthwhile read.



View all my reviews

No comments: